When are which messages sent?
What kind of E-Mails do you want?
Users may switch to their profile and open the tab "notifications". You can select the kind of e-mails that you want and those you don't want to receive.
Messages (Pro Feature)
Admins and Managers with according rights can send messages to addressees or groups inside Staffomatic.
Employees can only answer if set so by the sender (allow comments or attachments).
Users will receive a e-mail notification about the message and can directly access the message via a link.
Chat (Beta Feature)
This tool is yet not working completely and therefore not integrated in any billing plans.
This tool is for everyone to play with and just chat. There won't be any notifications and e-mails or anything. The only thing that happens is a little number about the new messages in the chat on the chat icon in your navigation bar.
Whenever you create a user via e-mail, the user will receive an e-mail with instructions how to join your Staffomatic account. As longs as this hasn't happened, you have to filter for users "not confirmed" in order to find the profile again.
You can send a reminder mail, but only one mail every 20 minutes.
We are going to stop the service here soon and switch to an improved mobile employee view with more settings for push notifications.
Right now you only have the chance to accept push when installing Staffomatic for the first time on a mobile device. You cannot correct your decision later on. The reason is that we once had a external supplier for the mobile app but this connection has been stopped.
Issues and problems with mails
You may want to contact us and tell us that there are mails that should have been reaching your employees but didn't. First of all there are the basic things that need to be checked, and furthermore we need specific information when inquiring:
- Notification mails will only be sent when applying to the user (location and department)
- and when affected (schedule / shift)
- Internet connection validated?
- Spam A: The software you use for mails might hold back notifications
- Spam B: Same is true for your provider, not all settings synchronize spam or junk mails
- Inbox might be full?
- E-Mail server unavailable and User hard bounced (most of the times this happens when a new employee receives a new company e-mail address, but the invitation to Staffomatic was sent before the set up by your local IT
- Identify mails by Staffomatic and add as contact
- Add Staffomatic mails to the list of safe senders
- "Whitelist" our mails
- Contact us with the link to your Staffomatic app and the page which shows that the user was affected (location, department). Name the date and time of the event and give us the e-mail address of the user.
Did this answer your question?